Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

This was my favorite read of summer 2009! I love strong female protagonists especially in suspenseful political plots that require physical and intellectual strength to survive. Katniss, the main character, and her story, The Hunger Games, meets all these requirements and has a science fiction bonus- a futuristic setting with a barbaric government-sponsored reality TV show starring teens from different districts. It’s a gladiator-type competition with teenagers fighting each other and battling man-made weather conditions to stay alive because the last one alive wins! It’s a just-right combination for an action-packed survival story with just enough romance that I think all guys and girls will love it as much as I did. It meets all the criteria for a great YA-Young Adult novel and makes for great discussions and book talks. An average Lexile level, I recommend to any and all who love survival, suspense, and sci-fi.
Knight Readers- do you want to read it this year????

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want to read this, we need more copies.