Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Paper Towns by John Green

This story is a mystery for sure and will keep your attention if you like the main character, Quentin. He is a very bright, sort of dorky, high school student in love with his beautiful and elusive neighbor, Margo. After she disappears, he becomes obsessed with finding her. Although I seemed fixated on the book at the time, I think I had to I make myself finish the book. Quentin is rather preoccupied with himself and his friends which I found to be a little boring. Some of the middle plotline was tedious but overall it is a good solid story. The author, John Green, seems to write for a very contemporary masculine audience and generation. I think some of our Metro boys might find his stories really good- An Abundance of Katherines and Looking for Alaska are both very popular books for guys and girls by John Green. I say try it out- read a few pages and see if it’s for you. It’s on the Grand Canyon Reader Awards list so teenagers in Arizona must like it!

No comments: